Monday, May 23, 2011

Moving On...

I begin this post by telling you that I have lived in Tucson all of my 10,251 days on this planet. I have traveled many places but always come back to sweet Tucson, AZ. When I was about 17 or 18 I thought I wanted to move to California and start a new life because, don't you know California is better? Well, that is what I thought when I was a crazy teenage girl ,but God had other plans that included a boy named Brandon Ingram. I realized that when I married Brandon I was here; in Tucson, AZ, forever. This is because his family business is here and it is his passion. He loves working with his dad and really enjoys what he does. So, I will be here for the rest of my life and I am completely OK with that.

I say this because this week I have learned that one of my sweetest and closest friend will be moving. This made my heart sad, thinking about all of the things we will miss out on in each others lives as she is going to be 7 hours away. That was the moment that; as tears welled up in my eyes, I realized God gave me her as a gift and even though we will not be in the same city we will forever be in each other hearts. Her adventure that God has planned for her is taking her to another state with her husband as mine keeps me here with mine. God has different plans for both of us but I am sure his plan doesn't include us moving on from each other. I think he knew exactly what he was doing when we met and as we became close friends. There will never be another friend like her to me, she is a Texas special. People leaving and moving kinda sucks. It makes us sad and feel a little rumble in our world, but it is so reassuring to remember God is in control and has put us in each others lives for a reason, even if it is just for a short time.

I am also unbelievably blessed with a few other close friends here that are going nowhere. For now, they are still here to do life with me and love me. I have to remember to stop and celebrate the fantastic people that are in my life. I am a lucky girl!

So, next week as I have to give Lacey a big hug and send her on to New Mexico, my tears will be both of joy and sadness. I am sad we will no longer be in the same city to share life, but I will be happy that God gave us the time in the same city as he did. And watch out my other sweet girlfriends, I might squeeze you a little harder. As much as I sound like I am OK for friends to move away, I would like Gods plan to be for the rest of you to stay here. Forever.

Oh, and I guess there is that Brandon guy I mentioned earlier. He is kinda my closest friend and stuck with me forever. Stuck like glue forever. God is good.

1 comment:

  1. This was so sweet Alexis, it made me cry. For the short time Lee & Lacey were here in AZ they definitely touched a lot of lives. They will be missed! Feel free to squeeze a little harder tonight if you'd like. :-) I don't see Marc & I going anywhere in the foreseeable future so you're definitely stuck with me for awhile!

    ReplyDelete