Friday, May 6, 2011

The Sheep that got me out of my Fog.

                     I love writing. So the last time I tried this blogging thing I thought I would love it and for sure stick to it; but I didn't. Lately, I keep thinking I want to write and tell the stories of my life; just as an outlet to get some of my creative juices flowing, so I decided to try this blog thing again. So here I go.

                     I have been in such a fog recently because I am plagued with allergies and therefore I take allergy medicine to help with my runny nose and watery eyes. This medicine helps me feel like my head isn't a running water faucet but it also makes me feel like I am going through life with a fog around me. So, in this fog I drove my two sweet little boys to school yesterday, gave them kisses and sent them off and then began my favorite part of the day: the drive between school and work. I usually love this time of day, it is my time all alone in my car to sing out loud, think about life, pray and just be all by myself.  So, here I am driving down Oracle road in my fog and really not doing any of the a for mentioned activities because I am in a allergy medicine coma. Well, I look up and sitting next to me in the left hand turn lane is a Toyota truck with a bed full of sheep! I look over again making sure I am not being delusional also thanks to this medicine, and again I see this truck full of sheep, and they weren't you run of the mill Dolly. These sheep had horns and were every color from black to white. What does one do when you see something like this? Tweet it of course! I get my iPhone out trying to take a picture, because a tweet with a picture is worth double of the tweet without! Then I look up and realize the turn signal has now turned green and I am holding up Thursday morning traffic. Man does that truck with a dozen horned sheep take off fast and blast, I am without a picture!! So; because I am a very safe driver and never text on my phone while driving, I wait until the next red light and send out my slightly witty tweet about sheep in the morning. Then, I realize that my fog has slightly lifted and I feel a bit more normal. It just took a few sheep to wake me up. I wonder what other fun and crazy things I miss, not just because I might be in a allergy medicine fog but just in the fog of everything else I fill my life with, good and bad.


On another note, I kept my poor husband up all night with my coughing from these stupid allergies and found him cuddled on the couch this morning as I was leaving to go running, trying to get in some cough free sleep. Poor guy, I think we both are looking forward to the end of allergy season!

2 comments:

  1. Keep writing - you're not baaad. (ok, that joke was). Awareness helps awaken our souls, our lives to the beauty God puts around us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to subscribe to your RSS feed so I can ask James "did you read Alexis' blog today?" over and over and over again.

    ReplyDelete